Tracks randomly renamed Sysex Data

Tracks seem to be getting randomly renamed to “Sysex Data” when I open a project.

–Neil

I’ve had the same issue for several versions of Cubase now. It’s very random. I have no idea why it happens.

I’m thinking now it might be something else. I’ve been checking the track names every time I open a project and they seem to be okay, yet inevitably, later on in the work session, I’ll find that a track has been renamed to “Sysex Data”. I think it might occur when I drag a MIDI clip from Addictive Drums to it’s associated track.

I also use Addictive Drums 2 and frequently drag MIDI clips to my drum instrument track. But it’s seldom that track gets renamed; it’s usually one much further down in the Track View.

Is that what’s happening to you?

Yes. That is exactly what is happening!

You may want experiment with some of the settings in Preferences > MIDI > MIDI File in the Import Options section.

MIDI clips from other plugins are often MIDI Song File Format 0, which can have unintended consequences when importing.

And I’m not sure if it would make a difference for drag and drop of Midi clips, but there’s also a Preferences > MIDI > MIDI Filter, where you can filter out SysEx messages.