Transcribing Asturias for classical guitar

I’m still learning Dorico and a bit of a beginner but I wondered if anyone could help with this. It is probably very simple but I am struggling to input the first few bars which have 12 semi-quavers, (3/4 time) with notes 1,3,5,7,9,11 stems down and notes 2,4,6,8,10,12 stems up. I’ve tried inputting as separate voices and also know the ‘force stem up/down command, but I cannot seem to force individual notes - the stems are changed for each group of 4 notes at best. It’s driving me mad! Sorry if this is very basic but any help gratefully received. Brian

Welcome to the forum Brian - if you input the odd-numbered notes in a down-stem voice and the even-numbered notes in an upstem voice, you should then be able to force the corresponding beams in the appropriate direction after removing the rests. Or, unbeam everything and handle the stem direction of each note individually.

Is this what you want?Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at 3.35.11 PM

Start with the 16ths in Voice 1; start the eighths in a new voice (Shift-V), and the image posted happens with no forcing of stems or beams.

Does that help?

1 Like

Thank you so much you wonderful people (@Lillie_Harris and rpearl). I have just managed to do it at last! The bar you sent an image of (rpearl) was exactly the one I was trying to put in. I tried your solution first since it looked easier and it worked perfectly. But thanks, Lillie, I am sure yours would have worked too. In my defence one of the scores I was working with threw me because it had a 16th bar rest at the beginning in the stems up voice and I just couldn’t get everything to be in the right place! At least I can play Asturias better than I transcribe it. So many thanks again, good start to the day! Brian x