Transferring Cubase Preferences To Another Computer

Hi there,

I’m a Cubase 9 user on a Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit platform. I want to transfer my preferences (key commands, colours) from this current desktop computer and onto my laptop, which is also a Windows OS. Can anybody please help me out?

Cheers

FS

Cubase installs a start menu folder named something like “User Preference Folder”. Open it and copy the ones you want to the laptop.

Regards. :sunglasses:

In Cubase 9 you can use File/Profile Manager to export & import your settings.

Also for C9 questions it is probably better to post in the C9 rather than C8 sub-forum :wink:

Hello this is a old thread, but here is where the Preferences XML files are stored for Cubase 10, there is a lot of other XML files there is you want to back those up too.

Cubase Pro 10

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 10_64\UserPreferences.xml

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 10_64\Key Commands.xml

Cubase Elements 10

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase LE AI Elements 10_64\UserPreferences.xml

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase LE AI Elements 10_64\Key Commands.xml

Have a great day!

Thanks Caliman, I just needed this information in the transfer from 10 to 10.5
I assume it’s also safe to copy over the PlugInManager.xml to retain a personalised plug in list (yes? - it seems to work, I don’t see any major issues)
(Also in doing this, I’ve kept the old files as UserPreferences.xml-old, Key Commands.xml-old, etc.

Jerry

I recommend the steps in this video