Transport >> CycleLeftTime & CycleRightTime gone from new MIDI Remote Menu

Hello,

In Cubase 10.5 I had the option to select ‘Transport >> Device >> CycleLeftTime & CycleRightTime’ for setting the Left and Ring cycle marker as a Generic MIDI from my midi controller.

In Cubase Pro 12 MIDI Remote Map Assistant that command is missing. Any idea why or is this a bug?

Please let me know.

Hey, you can find both of these in Key Commands > Transport:
Set Left Locator To Project Cursor Position & Set Right Locator To Project Cursor Position

Hello,

No, that is a totally different function. With General MIDI remote commands ‘Transport >> Device >> CycleLeftTime & CycleRightTime’ you can independently move the left and right cycle positions with 1 bar (or other grid type value) left or right over the timeline - just by turning a MIDI controller knob left or right. Huge time saver and by default.

1 Like

There’s multiple things that haven’t made it from the Generic Remote to the MIDI Remote yet. But it seems like Steinberg will keep expanding on it, so it could come.

Make a feature request so you are sure they will have it on their list :slight_smile:

Also you can move the Locaters in case you didn’t know. I know it’s not what you want.

Also you could make a macro that will go to the left locator, nudge to the left or right, then set the locator to this new position. Not as ideal as it being build right in to the program, I know.
But it works pretty well (except the fact that it change your cursor position, obviously)

Thanks. Yes, I already made a feature request. Technically, that is not a new feature, they “just” need to port it over from the old Generic Remote system to Cubase 12+ MIDI Remote.

Cheers.

Hello,

Maybe some tech forgot to move over the 'CycleLeftTime & CycleRightTime’ ability from the old Generic Control Remote Devices to Cubase 12 MIDI Remote mappings?

Would appreciate it if could be included in the next Cubase Pro update/release.

Cheers.

1 Like

It’s already part of the Script API. But we do not provide it in the GUI yet. And as MIDI Remote is a 100% new system without dependencies to the former Generic Remote solution, there are of cause still some “feature losses” to resolve. And we will not remove Generic Remote as long as MIDI Remote isn’t a 100% replacement for it.

2 Likes

Thanks, good to know, I appreciate it!

1 Like