Transport Default Settings

Hello! I’m one of those people who bought a dongle, and I find it perfectly convenient to use when necessary (at least while I still have my older Mac laptop that still has ports! :astonished: ). I currently move between a home laptop, desktop, and a second desktop at work. Has the team considered a “save settings” dialogue to allow multi-site users to customize their instance of Dorico and copy the settings to additional computers? I think this could save a lot of time for end-users on multiple machines. LOVE the sneak peak by the way!

You could copy the contents of the ‘Dorico’ folder from ~/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/ and move it to your other machine.

I haven’t tried it, but it might even be possible to move that ‘Dorico’ folder to e.g. your Dropbox, and then place an alias to it inside the above location, so that the changes in settings are automatically synced between your computers.

Hi Daniel,

Hats off to everyone working towards Dorrie 1.1! She is looking stronger all the time!.

The above seems to be a great idea. Could you point us Window users to the proper folder?

On Windows, it would be %APPDATA%\Steinberg\Dorico, I believe.

Excellent idea. Thanks Daniel!

When I open a project in Dorico 2, I need to re-instantiate the transport window (the video and main windows come up just where I left them when I closed the program the last time). Is there something special I need to do with the transport window?
Thanks,
Dave

Dorico doesn’t currently preserve the state of additional windows like the Mixer, Transport or Video window when saving projects. This is something we can consider adding for future versions.