Transpose track for midi data

The transpose track allows you to quickly transpose everything in your project, but it works in the audio domain, not the midi domain. is there a way to quickly transpose all of the midi but leave audio tracks unaffected? If not, it seems like it’d be a convenient feature to have. A “Create MIDI Transpose track” function along with the regular transpose track.

Aloha a,

What I do is to:

1-Select which (or all) MIDI tracks that I want to transpose.

2-Then go to: MIDI—>Transpose Setup
and ‘bob’s yer uncle’.

HTH
{‘-’}

The Transpose track does work on MIDI too.
Don’t forget that each MIDI Part (and audio events too, but not audio Parts) can set, in the Info Line, whether the event is to follow the Transpose track or not.

is there a way to quickly transpose all of the midi but leave audio tracks unaffected? If not, it seems like it’d be a convenient feature to have. A “Create MIDI Transpose track” function along with the regular transpose track.

I think the key word there was “quickly”? :slight_smile:… there are of course lots of different ways to transpose MIDI, but I suppose what you are looking for is something global, like the current Transpose Track, but for MIDI only? Depending upon how many audio events there are in the Project, it may or may not be practical to disable them from the global Transpose track.