Transposing a part of one voice in a 26 voice orchestral score

There’s also an option to allow Dorico to use enharmonic equivalent key signatures in transposing layouts, if they contain fewer accidentals.

If it’s a question of enharmonic spelling rather than needing to change the actual pitches, you could make use of Dorico 4’s new transformation tools to map e.g. G# major to Ab major.

One other thought - if you were trying to transpose the whole flow in one go, but the flow contains multiple key changes, that might be the issue. The Transpose dialog is context-sensitive, and interval quality is important. If your selection includes two different key signatures that couldn’t be transposed by the same interval & quality, Dorico won’t transpose. Try transposing each key section independently.

1 Like

That’s very helpful - having been held down in the Transpose dialog box, my mind was away from the alt - cmd - up/down keyboard short cut. Use of the system track is very helpful - a step closer!

1 Like

Thanks Lillie - those new transformation tools look really helpful

Transposing each key section independently is probably the way forward and interspersing with a few transition notes or pivot chords to create a musical bridge.

I can see now that by breaking it down and doing it section by section I can deal with different issues separately in as you say a context-sensitive way.

I can see a way forward for now. - I’m applying a “solution tick” to all those above who have taught me and contributed