Transposing clefs

ah i see. There are different manuals. Is there a comprehensive list of features exlcuded in the elements version? That would safe a lot of time while searching the forums for solutions…

@benwiggy I would need a 8va in a Bass Clef in a Piano Roll… so that doesn’t work.

@Lillie_Harris so the only thing i can do is using 8va lines for the whole score or use octave shift and write the 8va symbol manually on the clef using the text feature. ?

It’s unclear why that would be a problem. Do you mean an ottava LINE or an ottava CLEF? Lines are unaffected by the Notation Option.

an ottava Bass CLEF in a Piano System - apparently only possible with the Pro version.

Somewhat related to this topic:
I would love it if there was a default option for courtesy clefs which indicate that the pitches can be sung at pitch or an octave down. This is rather common in pieces for mixed voices or where it is irrelevant which octave a singer chooses to use. Obviously this can be created by hand, but a default option would be welcome:
Screen Shot 2021-12-07 at 8.41.36 AM

(I stumbled across this just yesterday resetting a transcription of a medieval bicinium where women or men can take either the cantus firmus or the secundus part.)

This page should cover the most important differences.

There is indeed a different manual for each product - keep an eye on the top-left of the page when using the webhelp manual, where you’ll see both the product version and number, e.g. Dorico Pro 3.5.12.

Thanks!