transposition shortcut & scripts

As far as I can tell the Script menu is still mostly experimental. At least I couldn’t really get anything useful out of it.
I find myself often having to transpose single notes or groups of notes. I do like the transposition tool but it’s a lot of mousing and clicking. Is there a way to make shortcuts to transpose up/down by octaves and by 1/2 steps via a single keypress (coming from Finale where number keys 6,7,8 & 9 do that). Saves so much time. But maybe it’s in Dorico and I haven’t found it yet.

Peter

edit: see Daniel’s reply below. I misread the original post - sorry!

You can transpose directly from the Shift+I popover. See https://steinberg.help/dorico/v3/en/dorico/topics/write_mode/write_mode_notes_add_intervals_popover_r.html for details.

Peter, you can transpose the selected music by a half-step using Shift+Alt+up/down, and by octaves using Ctrl+Alt+up/down. I don’t think that’s super-slow, is it?

Good info, thanks.
Shift-L for repitching, good to know.
Daniel, Shift+Alt+up.down is great but Ctr+Alt+up/down doesn’t work on my setup. Is that something that can be changed in the Key Commands? Also, I didn’t find these short cuts in documentation.

Thanks

Peter

No, from the caret it’s simply L. No shift. Hit L, then start typing or playing pitches.

Shift+Alt+up.down is great but Ctr+Alt+up/down doesn’t work on my setup. Is that something that can be changed in the Key Commands?

These can, of course, be changed in the Key Commands page within Preferences. Note that these four shortcuts work in different ways: the ones in “Note Editing” move existing notes, whereas the ones in “Note Input” influence the octave of the next note typed in steptime entry, when typing pitches with a (Qwerty/Azerty/Qwertz etc.) keyboard.

At the end of every Version History document from at least the last two years, there’s a page that looks like this:

If the octave shortcuts aren’t working, this might explain why. If you’re on Mac, then you shouldn’t be expecting Ctrl+Alt+Up/Down to work: you should be using Cmd+Alt+Up/Down.

Also, I didn’t find these short cuts in documentation.

See https://steinberg.help/dorico_pro/v3/en/dorico/topics/write_mode/write_mode_notes_pitch_changing_t.html#write_mode_notes_pitch_changing_t