Trial - how to suspend/First experience and issues

Hello. Can I suspend or stop my trial period of using dorico?
I don’t know why, but when I downloaded and activated Dorico SE I was trying to understand what prices are for students, what the difference is between Elements and Pro versions, and a lot of other things… and accidentally activated Dorico Elements and Pro simultaneously… (didn’t expect it actually simple by clicking on button and puff). Unfortunately, I don’t have time to use all features of Pro version and I’d like to deep dive into it this summer. So, is it possible to pause my trial or deactivate it for now? I didn’t use any features of these versions and even didn’t download them.
My mistake… English is not my native and I am confused with some stuff.

Welcome to the forum @Dmytro_Tereshchenko.

I’m not sure how to do this but I doubt it will take too long for a member of the Steinberg team to assist.

1 Like

I wanted to share my experience using Dorico. I know I’ve been using it for a short period. But while using Dorico, I encountered a few issues, such as:

• No sound: I initially had no sound in Dorico. A few hours later, it began working when I changed the sound format in settings from 24-bit to 16-bit and allowed ASIO to take exclusive control. However, this meant that YouTube wasn’t working while Dorico was running.
  • Frequent crashes: When I tried to do something in Dorico, it crashed very often and didn’t run again. I had to restart my laptop multiple times to resolve the issue. (after every crash)

By the way, this morning when I ran Dorico, my laptop automatically changed the sound format to 24-bit after another crash and restart, and it worked. However, yesterday it didn’t work despite trying several different solutions. (I mean at 24-bit)

I’m not sure why these issues are happening with Windows. For reference, my laptop is an Asus X571GT with an Intel(R) Core™ i5-8300H, 8GB of RAM, and a GeForce GTX 1650."

Welcome to the forum, Dmytro. I suspect the crashes you are experiencing are related to the current problem with the combination of HALion Sonic 7 and the latest version of the MediaBay component, which we’re in the process of resolving. A workaround is available in the interim, described here:

We will have a proper fix for this available as soon as possible, but it requires coordination with other teams within Steinberg, a new MediaBay release, and so on.

Regarding your trial licenses, as soon as you redeem the Download Access Codes for your trial, the clock starts running – it’s not dependent on when you actually activate the software. So having requested a trial, your 30-day evaluation period starts at that point.

As and when you want to re-evaluate the higher tiers of Dorico later in the year, get in touch with me (send me a private message) and I’ll help you out.

2 Likes

Thank you for your prompt response and clarification. I’m thrilled to learn about your software and eager to try it out when I have some free time.