Trial Version Licensing

Hello all. First time post.

I have downloaded the trial version of Cubase and was wondering if a physical USB-eLicenser was required. Or, is there a downloadable (free) software licenser that is available from Steinberg that I can use for / with the trial version.

Thank you

Peter

Hi and welcome,

For Cubase Pro Trial, you need the USB-eLicenser. Cubase Elements Trial license is stored on the Soft-eLicenser and you don’t need the USB- one.

Thank you so much for the prompt reply Martin. Please correct me if I am wrong. Are you saying that in both cases Pro and Elements I would need the physical USB eLicenser?

Peter

Hi,

Oh, I’m very sorry, the don’t was missing in my original post. :blush: I just add it. So, for Cubase Elements you don’t need the physical USB-eLicenser.

Understood. Thank you. Much appreciated.

Hello again Martin. As I said in my earlier post, I downloaded the trial version of Cubase Elements 10. The installation went smoothly. However, I am unable to launch the app. Please see screenshots.

Another three screenshots

No eLicenser Selectable.jpg

Hi,

Cubase is asking for an USB-eLicenser. Are you sure you asked for Cubase Elements Trial? Cubase Pro Trial would ask for the USB-eLicenser, but Cubase Elements license asks for the Soft-eLicenser.

Hello again Martin. I finally did get the licensing issue sorted out. I did download the proper version but was using the wrong Steinberg account when attempting to activate the provided license. My apologies for having disturbed you. Your response is greatly appreciated. Peter

Hi,

Thank you for the info. I’m glad it works to you now.

Hello Martin,

Just when I thought that I had everything under control. This licensing business is a real nightmare. I just built a PC with an Intel i7 was hoping to install Cubase 10 Elements Trial as I did a few days ago. So, what I did was request an activation code using a different email address. After installing Cubase I run the eLicenser program as per the instructions in the email that I received. I enter the activation code which I took from that email. It updates and shows that the code is for a 30 day trial. But I cannot click on “Download license” as it is greyed out. I cannot believe that installing a trial version can be this complicated and time consuming. My apologies for disturbing you with this issue again. Do you have any thoughts? Thank you. Peter

@Martin.Jirsak Never mind Martin. I knew that this issue that I was having could not have been something that I was doing wrong. The activation code that I was sent simply refused to function. So I requested another code by using another email address. Then everything worked as it should. Go figure. Sorry to have bothered you again. Deepest apologies! Peter

Hi Peter,

I’m glad it works for you know.

Enjoy Cubase!

Thanks again Martin. Have a wonderful day! Peter