Triggerig midi melody pattern

I am somewhat of a novice when it comes to midi so i’ll explain what it is i’m trying to do and if anyone could help i’d be most grateful.

I want to assign a key on my keyboard to a trigger pad that will trigger a pattern of 4 notes. Is this possible? Because it doesn’t seem to be after spending an entire day tearing my hair out, trying to figure out the manual. I don’t know if I should be using midi player or flex phraser. I’m really struggling with the layout and how the whole things works as Im inexperienced with midi. I just want to press a key on my keyboard and have it play back a simple sequence of four notes in a sound that I choose. Is this too much to ask? :laughing:

Also, could anyone speculate as to why I am unable to change the midi channel on my controller when using halion in Cubase? When im using it in standalone I can easily change the channel on my keyboard, change the channel on the program and voila. But when i’m running halion in Cubase, my keyboard will not change from channel one. Weird, baffling and highly frustrating.