Trilian not working anymore

Hey,
can somebody please tell me why my favorite acoustic-bass plugIn ‘Trilian’ is not working anymore with Dorico?
It worked till the latest update, it is on my whitelist, but with 3.1. it’s not working anymore…Noooo !
Please help.

In Dorico, please do ‘Help > Create Diagnostics Report’. That creates silently a zip file on your desktop. Please attach it here.

see attachment
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (658 KB)

Now I know how it works with ‘diagnostics’ - thanx :wink:

I don’t know why, but Trilian ended up on the blacklist with you.

First thing to try is, delete the file /Users//Library/Preferences/VSTAudioEngine3/Vst2xPlugin Blacklist VSTAudioEngine3.xml and start Dorico again.

If it still gets blacklisted, do the following: Open a Terminal window (/Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app) and type/copy following command:

/Applications/Dorico\ 3.app/Contents/Applications/VSTAudioEngine3.app/Contents/Components/VSTPlugManager.bundle/Contents/Resources/vst2xscanner -p /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Trilian.vst

Please copy and paste the output here, thanks.

This already made the job. Thanx so much Ulf. I’m again and again astonished how fast you guys are helping and how much knowledge you have.

Diagnostics in attachment.
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (1.81 MB)

You’re welcome. And good to hear that it is working again.

Hey Ulf,

the same problem again with Dorico 5 now. Trilian & EZ Drummer are not recognized anymore. But I can’t find back the path you described above on Ventura 13.4
Can you help please?

I found the path back in
/Users//Library/Preferences/Dorico 5 AudioEngine/Dorico 5 AudioEngine VST3 Cache…

I deleted all files in the folder…still no Trilian and no EZ Drummer

Please send a diagnostics report then

Dorico Diagnostics.zip (528.9 KB)

This is strange, Trilian and EZDrummer get recognized during start up time, but later not anymore. This is what I see in the logs:
2023-07-04 10:32:25 : loadInstrument Trilian (id 1200)…
2023-07-04 10:32:25 : Not Loaded!

At this moment I don’t have an idea what might be wrong with those two plug-ins.
What if you start a new project, then go to Play mode and try to instantiate them manually, they also won’t get loaded, right?

Hey Ulf,
With a new project, they are recognized…but if I want to open an older project, made with Dorico 4 in Dorico 5, they are not recognized. And I can’t reload them. So I don’t know how to activate them in all of my older (Dorico 4) projects when using Dorico 5…

Can you send me one of your D4 projects which won’t load in D5?
Please send to u dot stoermer at steinberg dot de
I will try to remove the audio engine data from it and see how that then goes.

Hey Ulf,

I just sent u the ZIP.
Let me know if I can be of further help.

Can you please check again? I did not receive anything, yet, also not in my spam folder.
Did you write the address properly?

I sent it again from another account

Bildschirmfoto 2023-07-06 um 15.32.21

damn…stupid me…i should be able to write ‘steinberg’ properly…tststs…sorry

now it should be ok…

Ehm, no…nothing arrived, yet