Trills with aux note

I’m trying to make a trill with aux note as described in this video: Trill Improvements in Dorico | New Features in Dorico 2.2 - YouTube
But it doesn’t work. The list in engraving options look different than in the video (trill interval doesn’t pop up). Is it because I have the try-out version? When I buy Dorico 2, am I sure to get the 2.2 version if that’s what is needed?
Also, can the notehead of the aux notes be changed (for example to a diamond shape)?

Welcome to the forum, Jenny. You do indeed need to have Dorico 2.2: check whether you are using the latest version by choosing Help > About Dorico (in the Dorico menu on Mac) and check the version number there. Even if you are currently running the Dorico 2 trial, you can download and install the Dorico 2.2 update here.

You cannot currently change the notehead type for the auxliary note, but this is something we may consider in a future version.

(Please: not just “may”. I immediately ran into this limitation the first time I tried using auxiliary notes after the update dropped.)

Is there anyway to manuelly do an auxiliary diamond note in paranthesis? This is something I do a lot (string harmonics) so if that will take time I’ll have to stick with finale I’m afraid…

Luis, Jenny, can you clarify what kind of auxiliary note you need? Provided you need to change only the notehead type used by the auxiliary note that is shown, we can imagine a way to make this work relatively straightforwardly in a future version, but if you need to show e.g. multiple auxiliary notes for a single trill, each of which shows a different notehead type, that is considerably more complicated and really doesn’t fit with the current structure of what we have built.

I just need the first thing you wrote, a trill between two diamondshaped notes. (Or one normal and one diamond). Can I make the aux in a different layer and do the paranthesis manually, as I would in Finale?

I think just one auxiliary will do. Can’t think of an instance where I would need more. And if I were to need more, it would be the kind of thing where I would never expect a native implementation…

Jenny, of course you can!