Triplet Playback Issue

Hi Folks!

I’ve been working on my string quartet writing, and I discovered a glitch in playback in the viola part. When I start using triplets, the system begins playing each note as an 8th note triplet, even if it’s a quarter note in the triplet or a quarter outside of it! I attached audio and visual to give a better idea of what I’m talking about.

How do I fix this and avoid it in the future? Thanks!

I think we’ll need to see the project itself, Ethan. Something appears to be triggering an unmeasured tremolo sound, but from the little snippet of a picture you’ve posted, I can’t tell what that might be.

Hi Daniel, thanks so much for your reply. I’m still new to the forum (in fact, this is the first forum I’ve ever been on) so I’m still getting used to the guidelines and best practices. I deleted the bars in question and the issue went away, although it’s been happening every so often since then. Now when it happens the entire Viola part plays back with tremolo. My “fix” is to close the project without saving and cut my losses. Next time it happens, I will remember to save that version of the project and post it here.