Triplet rests

Hello and Happy New Year!

I was just wondering -

I like to have a crochet rest, instead of two quaver rests, if I have the rhythm triplet-quaver-rest, triplet-quaver-rest, triplet quaver.

I’ve found a way to do this with the ‘force’ tool (I think it’s called something like that, but just wondered if there’s a better way to do this (in settings at the beginning so this applies universally, etc). I couldn’t find anything…

best and thanks!
Cheryl

Don’t think there is a global setting for it, and I’m not sure the way I’ve done it is optimal, but I’ve control-clicked all the First quaver rest in each group (after they’ve been entered the default way), and in the Properties panel switched on “Force position and duration”. Then I can select each of those quaver rests and press 6 to convert them to crochet rests. (this procedure swallows the 2nd quaver rest) Hopefully there is or will be a smarter way :slight_smile:

There is not a smarter way at present, because you cannot yet override the default beat grouping within a tuplet, but this is planned for the future. In the meantime, using Force Duration is the recommended way to approach this.