Trouble dragging entire project to the right 10 bars

Hi,

I’m hoping to add a few bars, 10, before my song starts.

I tried insert bars, but i noticed some audio parts didn’t move on the track. FWIW, other parts on those tracks did move, and the track wasn’t locked … :thinking:

The only way i could do this was project set up, add 10 bars, but now i have 10 bars with negative numbers, which looks weird.

Are there better options i could be looking at?

Thanks for any help!

You can simply select the whole Project and drag it.

Or use Insert Silence but select 10 bars of everything using the range tool first.

There are other ways but these two should be fine for you.

nb. Bar offsets in Project setup are not the safe as inserting blank bars.

1 Like

Hi @Phil_Pendlebury ,

Thank you for your reply!

I actually did initially “select all” and drag right 10 bars. However the signature track stayed put, and i didn’t know how to make it go right with the rest of the project.

I’ll try the insert silence, thank you!

Yes and there are other things that may be missed by using the selection method.

Insert Silence is the method I use but make sure you set locators to encompass 10 bars at the start of your project first. (In my screen shot it is 11 bars but you get the point I think).

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Thank you, @Phil_Pendlebury .

Great to see you, i remember long ago studying and learning from your excellent vid tutorials!

But, I guess I only deserved a B- grade at best, since I’m still stuck! :smile:

The Insert Silence worked for all tracks (yayy!) except for the Marker Track. It’s a little more nuanced than that actually … Insert Silence worked on the Marker Track only up to the point that there was a change in the Signature Track. After that, all bets are off.

I guess that would be “intended behavior” …

Either way, I think I’ll do it the way you suggest, i.e., Insert Silence, and then manually adjust the Marker Track.

Much appreciated! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @alexis,

Thanks for your kind words.

I am not 100% sure about the behaviour you mention but will look into it as soon as time permits. :slight_smile: