I have been experiencing difficulty using Korg Miniologue in Cubase. To summarize the problem first: The monologue won’t receive MIDI and return the audio signal in Cubase. It seems like the problem is that is not possible to install the Minilogue as a MIDI-device in the MIDI device manager so that I cannot assign the output destination for the MIDI channel to the Minilogue. Below I will list all the things that have been done. I have been trouble-shooting for many days. Please help.
- I’ve installed the KORG MIDI-driver for the Minilogue.
- I have updated the KORG to the last software version.
- I have followed the manual of the KORG to enable MIDI routing through USB, and enabled MIDI messaging in both directions (Tx and Rx) in the Global settings menu.
- In the MIDI device manager I have tried to install a GM device (generic/general MIDI device) as the Minilogue did not have a pre-existing preset in Cubase. (Does anyone know where to find a preset that works that can be imported as a setup? Maybe this is the solution to the misery.
- When I attempt to set up the proper channels to send MIDI to the Minilogue I create a MIDI track where the input is set to ALL MIDI INPUTS, and the output can only be assigned to “Windows Wave Synth Table”, the Minilogue (because I registered it as GM device) is visible with the message: MISSING: MIDIOUT1
- I can record sound from the Minilogue in Cubase. At this point I can’t seem to get the minilogue to work as a MIDI controller for MIDI input when I record.
Could a workaround be to connect my Midicontroller by USB to the Minilogue and use it as a slave?
Audio interface: Audient id14
Version: Cubase Elements 9.5
Thank you for all help!