Trouble Shooting Advice - N6.5 64bit / Win 7 64 bit

I just installed N6.5 (64 bit) on Win 7(64 bit) today. Running through a test project, I am getting ASIO overloads where playback pauses for a bit, the Average Performance Level meter spikes to 100% hard (for anywhere for 1 to 10 seconds), than Nuendo recovers.

The same project on 6.07, and same machine has 0 playback issues.

My signature should show all my specs. Any advice on tracking this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Deleted all preferences. Retesting…

Are you sure you selected the correct Audio Driver in Devices> VST?

I’ve got the same situation, except it’s the “real time peak meter” spiking causing clicks and pops.
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H motherboard.i7 4790K CPU, Lynx AES 16 PCIe card, (2) Apogee Rosetta 800s

Yes, I have a RME HDSPe Madi card and the proper driver is selected.

I removed all the user preferences and let them rebuild. That may of solved my problem.

Ran all night in a loop with 0 dropouts, 0 spikes.

Thank you for your suggestion. It is greatly appreciated.

Did you try deleting all your user preferences and letting them rebuild to default? That may of solved my problem.

I rebuilt the preferences. This problem started to show up in ver. 6.0.7. I updated my motherboard, CPU, and ram. During the rebuild, ver. 6.5 came out. I loaded 6.5 and saw the spikes again. I loaded 6.0.7 last night, loaded a song recorded in 6.0.7 and had the spikes. I went thru the tracks and isolated Eiosis Air Verb plugin which I had on 2 tracks.
Turned it off and the spikes went away. I’ll load this song in ver. 6.5 without the plugin, and let you know.
Thanks!

That song works just fine in 6.5 with the Air EQ turned off. I’m going to delete and re-install Air EQ

During the reload of Air EQ there are 3 choices- use SSE instructions, SSE2 instructions, or generic processor.
Tried all three- still got spikes

Quick update. It appears after running for a full day, rebuilding preferences solved my issues.

Thank you for all the contributions.