Trouble Synchronizing Media Bay Tagging from Windows to Mac in Cubase

Hello Everyone,

I’m facing a challenge while attempting to synchronize the Media Bay tagging system from my Windows setup to my Mac in Cubase. I have created custom tags named “tag1”, “tag2”, and “tag3” on my Windows system, and I’m trying to replicate these tags on my Mac. I identified that the file responsible for these tags is MediaDefaults.xml, located in “AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 13_64”.

To achieve synchronization, I copied this XML file to the corresponding location on my Mac, which is “/Users/xxxx/Library/Preferences/Cubase 13/MediaDefaults.xml”. After initiating Cubase on my Mac, I expected to see these tags but instead encountered “error1”, “error2”, and “error3” in their place.

I’ve even tried copying the entire “Cubase 13_64” folder to “Cubase 13” on my Mac, but this did not resolve the issue. I suspect that even though the MediaDefaults.xml file does not contain path-specific variables, there might be other factors at play, possibly relating to how the IDs within the file are interpreted on different systems.

For context, other elements like track presets, MIDI loops, Chords Pads , Channel Strips and etc synchronize seamlessly across systems when the corresponding folders are correctly placed, but it’s just the tagging system in Media Bay that’s problematic.

Here in photo 1, you can see how the tags appear named “tag1”, “tag2”, “tag3” in the Media Bay of Windows.
photo 1

In photo 2 below, you can see how, once I synchronize the files, they appear in the Media Bay on Mac as “ERROR”, “ERROR”, “ERROR”
photo 2

Has anyone successfully synchronized Media Bay tags across different operating systems in Cubase? Or is there a known issue with this kind of operation?

Thanks!