Troubles during export with Cubase LE AI 9.5

Hello, I’ve just bought the Steinberg UR22 mkII that comes with Cubase LE AI 9.5.

I had some fun writing songs discovering the tools and everything was fine, but now I’ve made something more complex.
I made a song con 8 audio tracks and Groove Agent SE as VSTi instrument, the track lasts about 3-4 minutes.

Now when I try to export it, both WAVE or Windows file, all my laptop literally crash, it just stops in the middle or at the beginning of the export’s buffering, and the quality is the standard 44 khz.
It is very frustrating if I think that I can’t fix the problem, I also tried the “real time” export but once it starts, after a couples of seconds it says “CPU overloaded”.
I’m working with an Intel Core i7 4700MQ 2.40 Ghz so I don’t think that this is the problem…

Any suggestions ? I’m really struggling with it :frowning:

Increase your audio interface buffer size. If you have no interface what driver are you using?

Thank you for your answer,

As I said, I am using the Steinberg UR22 mkII as a Audio Interface, now I tried to increase the buffer size to 2068 sample (wich is the max) and it stopped again…

Are the 8 audio tracks and groove agent the only things in this project…no third party FX?

You might try starting Cubase in safe mode and see if it makes any difference (in which case trashing prefs will fix it permanenetly)

And just to be sure…when it freezes are you leaving it for some time to see if it completes…there is a common issue of the export progress bar not showing any progress but export should still complete.