Trying to Reamp (PLS HELP!)

Hi all! Hopefully this is the correct subforum for my question :slight_smile:

I have been using Cubase for a few months and I love the software. However I recently tried to setup a guitar reamp session and just can’t get it to work.

I am using Cubase 9 pro and a Focusrite Saffire pro 40.

What I would like to do: my reamp box is connected to the output 4 of the Saffire. I want to play a guitar DI track, through the out 4, and run it through my amplifiers recorded in stereo with 2 microphones back into the front stereo input of the Saffire.

The full signal chain would be:
Cubase mono track > Saffire Out 4 > Reamp box > Pedalboard > 2 amps > 2 mics > Saffire In 1/2 > Cubase stereo track

I tried to set it up as I used to do it in Pro Tools (change the output in the routing tab) but apparently no signal comes out of the interface.

I searched online and most people seem to reamp using external send/return FX.
I tried to do this (vst connections - external FX - rename the output/input) but then I create a new FX track and in the drop menu there is no option to select external FX. I was following this video: Reamping Guitar Tracks and Setting Up External FX | Guitar Production Tips - YouTube

But the step where he sets up an FX track and opens the dropdown menu to select the external FX option, that option is not there in my computer. (2:55 in the video)

Am I missing something? I searched the steinberg forums and youtube and found no answer.
Maybe there is also another easier way to reamp than using send/return FX?
Sorry I am used to routing in Pro Tools so this is new for me.

Other hardware info:
Mac Pro 5.1 2011 (OSX 10.12)
Cubase Pro 9
Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 (Saffire mixcontrol software 3.7)
Radial Pro-Amp Reamp box

Thanks for your time!
Tomas