Turn between notes?

Hi all,

I have this —

With shift+O I can add a turn. It will be placed above the note, but I would like it to stay centered between the two notes.

Is this something one could use a custom line for? Or is there some other way?

Thanks
LAE.

Put the caret where you want it, half way between the two notes, then type Shift-O and add the turn.

4 Likes

True, this works! Thanks. Enter dotted quarter, back one eighth with left arrow, shift+o “turn”, right arrow, enter next note.

Probably not much to gain from creating a custom line (if that’s even an option).

Anyway, I tried to create an invisible line with a turn in the middle, here is the result. It has both pros and cons, but the main advantage is that it positions itself right between the notes. Here is the result.

Applied to a pair of notes, attached to rhythmic position and with the properties pane –

2 Likes

The results look good here. better than mine. Can you give more detail about the horizontal line? I’m not seeing it in my properties.

If you have created the line, added and selected it, it should show up in the properties. What detail do you want?

When I created mine, I based it on the ”Dashed line body (long)” but you could choose any line. I set it to zero line width in the Line Body Editor. The turn has to be created in the Line Annotation Editor. Maybe this answers your question?

Zero-width lines show up in PDFs as “very thin” lines.

Ideally, you need to create a new Line Body as a Dashed line with nothing at all in the pattern field.

(Essentially, your line is just a gap.)

1 Like