Tutorial Advice

Hi, I’m new to Wavelab Pro 9 anyone have advice on some tutorials?
Currently looking at :

SWA Complete Wavelab Pro 9 39.95$
WaveLab 9 101 Absolute Beginner’s Guide 9.95 $

Any advice is highly appreciated.
Thanks

Good place to start - lots and lots of YouTube videos about WL9. Reading the manual cover to cover is also recommended.

Here are my 2 cents (as someone with a SADiE and Sequoia background who is trying to figure out what the hell is going on in WL).

The ASK video guy who does the WL videos understands the software inside and out. BUT he does not really understand what a mastering engineer’s workflow is like.

The SWA guy DOES understand mastering but it’s taken me 1 week to get through three of his videos as they are visual melatonin.

So, it depends on what you need WL for (It is actually a suite of 9 different applications). I purchased both videos and do not regret a single dime spent.

And to keep with my name, I spent $6,000 for my Pro Tools certification. The ASK and SWA videos don’t even cost $100 combined. What is your hesitation? Buy them. Support people who are in the arena fighting the fight! Things that are worth it are worth investing in. Not everything is a free flipping video on YouTube.

I am a beginner at this, using Elements 9, and I bought the SWA course. I agree it can be boring but still useful. Where it falls down in my mind is that it is feature-oriented, rather than task-oriented. In other words, this button does this, and that button does that, instead of, given a typical task, this is how the program can help you. From a beginner’s perspective – and maybe this is saying the same thing – it could be better at describing the general organization of the program and how that fits a user’s needs. Maybe those things are clear to those who have used other similar software. (The only one I used for a while was NCH WavePad, easy to use but with a wretched SRC and uncertain quality at other operations.)

I can’t speak to the Absolute Beginner’s Guide, but I definitely agree with @RoyalPainInTheAss that relative costs for tutorials are small – even for an Elements user – and the benefit (at least of SWA) is more than worth it.

P.S. Since many of the tutorials in the SWA course cover features in Pro but not in Elements, you will get even better value from the purchase than I did.