Two instances of Cubase running simultaneously

Is it possible to run two instances of Cubase simultaneously?
If not, then is it possible to open two projects simultaneously using one instance of Cubase?

I need it to compare two projects.

You can open multiple projects. A power button will show up to the top left of the project windows, allowing you to pick which project is currently active.

Thanks!

Also you can run different versions of Cubase at the same time (assuming you haven’t uninstalled the older one). So you can have one Project running in Cubase 9 & a different one in Cubase 8.5.

FYI the projects themselves are both forwards & backwards compatible so it doesn’t hurt to open a Project created in one version in a different version.

I have only Cubase 9. Pity a bit that you cannot run more than one instance of the same version of Cubase. However, it’s enough for me that you can open multiple projects in one instance of Cubase.

I haven’t actually tried this (or did I a couple years ago…?) but there is a decent chance it will work. Copy the Cubase 9 .exe file and give it a slightly different name (i.e. Cubase-II) but leave it in the same folder. Then try launching both of the .exe files.

Yes and No - No, I haven’t been able to run 2 instances of Cubase, Yes (Cubase Pro 11 and Cubase Artist 10) with 1 instance of Cubase open, you can open multiple project. Once active I have been able to open and share MIDI, loops, samples etc. back and forth (by drag and drop) from different projects. When opening the different projects Cubase will ask if you wish to “Active this Project” when you say yes, It will overlay the project on top of any project already open/being used obscuring your view. I recommend prior to activation in order to the see projects side by side, is to resize to fit the screen or drag to fit onto a different monitor. Keep in mind that Cubase does not separate functions of each, meaning it will only play the project track on top. If you wish to change from project to project to play changes to either you need to active it by using the lighting bolt in the upper left corner. I hope this is helpful.

In MacOSX you can simply start multiple instances of the same Cubase version:

• Press Cmd+Space and type terminal and press enter
  • Type open /Applications/Cubase\ 13.app -n and press enter
  • Type open /Applications/Cubase\ 13.app -n a second time and press enter