Two midi notes recorded for each key stroke

Hi all

So when I am recording via midi keyboard cubase is recording two notes for each time a key is pressed.
The two notes are right on top of each other.

Any idea on why this is happening and how to stop if from doing so?

Thanks in advance.

Could be that your keyboard is sending two MIDI notes instead of one - eg if it can be configured to send note data for each of two note ranges that are overlapping.

Another possibility is that a single MIDI note goes to the Cubase track via two separate paths at once - eg two cable connections or if there are two simulataneously active Windows drivers for the keyboard, with all the incoming MIDI data routed to the Cubase track.

What I am getting is the same note 2 times.

This did not happen before I went to Cubase 6.

There is only one cable connecting to the computer

OK I have the answer. (gosh I love being able to call support directly)

Go to Devices > device setup > Midi > Midi Port Setup
Then click in the “use system timestamp for windows midi imputs” and all is ok!

Hello!

I have the same problem now in cubase 7 artist. Couple years old question, but same problem. Didn´t go away like this: “Devices > device setup > Midi > Midi Port Setup
Then click in the “use system timestamp for windows midi imputs” and all is ok!”

Thanks!

Aaand 2min later i solved the problem myself :smiley: If you have midi input routing to your istrument as ALL midi input, you might get simulataneously two notes on top of each other and it sound like you´d have a phase problem. But thanks anyway! :smiley: