Two reoccurring problems: Single export, and master section

Hi there

I have two reoccuring problems with wavelab 9.

When i try to render “Specific Region” and select the region, it says “the output name is not valid”.

However: when i select “all regions” and then export, it works fine, but then i have to wait for all regions to export when i only want one region to export.

What do i do to fix this?

Often my export track name looks like this: Track1_24bit_m1_Conor@Mastering, this always worked in the past without issues, but could it be that some characters don’t work?

Secondly, when i open wavelab every day, the master section correctly remembers my analyser plugins from the previous session, however they are always greyed out, and turning them on and off doesn’t activate them, i have to find the plugin from the dropdown menu and replace them everyday before they are functional

Any ideas how to correct this?

The strange thing is, both of these problems only occured when i updated wavelab, originally in the first version of wavelab 9, these two problems did not occur

Best wishes

1. Using 9.0.35? Did you try with a simple name, like “abc”.
  2. I can’t reproduce this problem, and have no cue. Maybe providing screenshots could help.

My 2c is that the use of “@” in a file name is likely to invite conflicts even though we may have been
lucky" with it in the past.

FWIW, I have personally come across this error message a few times … I think in almost all occasions it was due to operator error where I inadvertently included a blank space after the file name (following a copy and paste for example).

Same here. Incredibly frustrating, but a simple fix.

I tried it with a simple 3 letter name here, still same problem. Exporting multiple files at once: no problem, exporting single region, does’t work

i’m using 9.0.35

These plugins are sort of greyed out when i turn them on, and i can’t open them. This happens every time i restart wavelab. I have to replace them with new instances of the same plugin before they become functional, every day

Any ideas?

They don’t look greyed out in that screenshot :confused:

1. I still can’t reproduce. It seems you render from montage, right?
    Did you try using the Ribbon Render, instead?

2. Does the same happen with other plugins? (try steinberg plugins)

They are greyed out and can’t be opened until i add a new instance of the same plugin to replace it, see above image for 2 greyed out plugins and one functional (top)

1. I still can’t reproduce. It seems you render from montage, right?
    Did you try using the Ribbon Render, instead?

I render from montage yes, can you explain the ribbon render? I’m not familiar with it

1. Does the same happen with other plugins? (try steinberg plugins)

yes, even with steinberg plugins. When i reopen wavelab (after closing it), the plugins are there but greyed out and can’t be opened until i replace them with new versions

Thanks for your help

can you explain the ribbon render? I’m not familiar with it

Personally, I never use the Export page

yes, even with steinberg plugins. When i reopen wavelab (after closing it), the plugins are there but greyed out and can’t be opened until i replace them with new versions

Please ZIP and send me your preference folder. Before that, use Steinberg plugins in the Master Section then quits (so that the Master Section relates to plugins I have here too).

Thanks

Philippe

1. Ribbon render also has the same problem

2. How do i zip my preference folder, where do i find it?

thanks

Zip this folder:
C:\Users[YourName]\AppData\Local\Steinberg\WaveLab Pro 9\