UA Apollo on PC over thunderbolt (and Cubase of course)

Has anyone managed to run a UA Apollo interface on a windows PC using a generic thunderbolt pci card?
I’m considering splashing some cash and wondered if anyone has run this configuration. Thanks in advance.

Scratch that - I can’t even find much on the web using Apollo 8 or 16 with the older firewire interface and Cubase/windows. I looks like they only really concentrate on Mac.

Be sure to read down this far:

“A Windows 10 PC computer featuring built-in Thunderbolt 3 via USB-C is required.”

I should have added that the UA website has entries from a number of users who have older configurations working. They are NOT officially supported by UA, however, so try one at your own risk.

Thanks for your input rtorstrick - I’ve decided to play it safe and go for the older generation firewire Apollo quad with a tried and tested pcie card. I can always add thunderbolt at a later date with a separate card as thunderbolt matures on the PC platform. Yeah I’ll be missing out on the “blackface” tweaks and improvements however the main reason I want to go UAD is simply to run the workaday plugs (compressors etc) in hardware as I’ve given up trying to get my PC to perform with Cubase since V7 (onwards) wrecked performance (for me), 8.5.20 went a long way to fixing my CPU issues but I still struggle with larger projects. I think an Apollo should see me out in terms of being good enough an interface! I’m only a hobbyest after all. UAD are giving a satellite quad away with every rack mounted Apollo so I’ll have 8 DSPs to hand which should run 50 light utility plugins without breaking a sweat. I suspect the only additional plugin I’ll buy over the bundled classic suite is a decent tape saturation plugin, although PSP mix saturator2 still sounds great to my old ears but hurts my CPU when used on every track.

The standard bundle pretty much covers all the “utility” plugins I require other than tape saturation…
UA 610-B
UA 1176LN Legacy
UA 1176SE Legacy
Pultec EQP-1A Legacy
Pultec-Pro Legacy
Teletronix LA-2A Legacy
Fairchild 670 Legacy
Precision Enhancer Hz
Raw Distortion
Softube Amp Room Half-Stack (Softube Amp Room Essentials)
Softube Bass Amp Room 8x10 (Softube Amp Room Essentials)
Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
Precision Reflection Engine (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
Precision Delay Mod (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
Precision Delay Mod L (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
RealVerb Pro