UAD Apollo and Control Room monitor switching ?

Hello all, are there are any Universal Audio Apollo users here who also use the Control Room ?

Is it possible to switch between monitors (via the Apollo’s monitor and line 3 and 4 outs) using the Control Room ?
Or is it only possible through the Apollo’s built-in console ?

Thanks for any insight …

Hi,

In the Control Room add Monitor 2 bus and set the output to Out 3 & 4. Then you can switch the Monitor 1 or Monitor 2 in the Control Room panel by one click or assign a Key Command.

Hi there. I’m reviving this post, since I had the exact question as the OP and have searched for an answer for several days without finding an answer online. I have Cubase 12 and use Apollo Twin with Console. I have 2 monitors and using 3/4 on Apollo to monitor the 2nd set; however, I have been unable to play that 2nd set using Cubase control room. I’ve setup the 2nd monitor output in control room, but when I switch to the 2nd monitor, it doesn’t play. I have experienced this same experience since prior Cubase versions. I am forced to use Apollo’s Console to switch between monitors. Unless I’m missing a simple setup in Cubase (and/or Console), I conclude that Console takes over the monitoring function of the 2nd set of monitors. Any advice or help is greatly appreciated.

The reason I want to use Control Room is to setup specific inserts in control room for each specific set of monitors (Sonarworks, specifically) and avoid having to switch profiles.

Thank you,
David B.

Seems this remains open issue: see attached. I have set up a Cue 1 mix, and I can get signal into that via the cue sends no problem, and switch between Mix and Cue 1 in Cubase, and when I change levels, the Control Meter reacts as expected. But there is no change in the audio output, neither routing nor levels - despite setting Cue 1 to go to Apollo Line 3 / 4. So it’s not possible to do a cue mix, it’s always the normal main mix that comes into Apollo. Any ideas?
Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 18.43.21
Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 18.43.13
Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 18.42.49

Not 100% on this as I have an older Apollo, but I believe if you use the ALT monitoring function on the Apollo this overrides other assignments to the line outputs. So if you want to use Cubase control room for alternate monitors, you need to turn off the ALT function on Apollo (i.e. set ALT count to zero in Console).

The way I have it set up is as Martin described. So in control room, main outs to Apollo monitor L R, then just add additional monitor buses and assign these to line outputs of your choice. (No need for cue mixes.)

One thing to bear in mind if doing this. You may want to have some form of attenuation between the line outs and your alternate monitors. Because the Apollo volume knob will no longer affect level going to the alternates, so nasty surprise if ever Cubase (or some plug-in) decides to spit out 0dBFS white noise.

OK great, will try that and let you know !