UAD compatibility?

Interesting, I only run at 44.1, however I run my buffer at 128 on a regular basis, in fact I never change it. Running for hours at a time with that buffer, no problems. Haven’t tried anything other than 44.1 sample rate though. I never saw the point in that considering it all gets rolled off in the mastering process anyways, defeats the purpose unless you’re mastering to DVD or Blueray. Especially these days with music pretty much going over the MP3 and compact discs (unfortunetly) dying out.

When Cubase 7.0.6 will be available?

Yep I have this problem too using a UAD-2 Solo and Duo in 32 bit! If I disable a UAD plugin and save the project… load it back up and enable it… no signal. I have to delete the inserted UAD plugin and add it again to get it working…the word that comes to mind is “stupid”. Just add it to the list of other bugs that need to be fixed before Steinberg starts marketing the next update that requires us to pay.

Steinberg, here’s a tip for you: An upgrade is generally supposed to improve a product not destroy it.

This has been and still is a problem ever since C6.0 (even at 44.1kHz)
UA and SB never agreed who’s fault it was.

As a workaround you can reactivate a dead UAD plugin by dragging it to a different channel then back again. That way, the plugin settings are preserved.

Thanks for the tip but it needs to be fixed by Steinberg if UA plugins don’t do this in other DAWS (I’m assuming they don’t).

Agreed!

It’s actually been happening since C4/C5 (!!) …

Yes, I’ve had this problem for years too, not just the latest version. Needs sorting!!

Mike.

Wondering this myself…the new UAD software looks pretty interesting.