UCX Hardware Outputs and Monitor playback

Hi,
I would sorry in advance if my question have been already discussed elsewhere, or if it sounds really naive, but I’m a newbie of IPAD world.

I have a Fireface UCX and Cubasis. It seems that Cubasis overlaps hardware outputs and playback monitors. I would route In1 to hardware OUT 1 and 3-4, and monitor it, but every time I add an output the volume of mix raises (the audio is correctly routed to HW outputs, but it is also multiplied in the playback monitors, with more volume and feedback issues). Another issue is that I can’t find tha way to send mono signals out of Cubasis. My question is: is it possible to separate Hardware outputs (possibly mono) and playback monitors out of TotalMix ambient? Maybe I’m missing something with the UCX setup, but I never used devices in CC mode.

Thank you and best regards,
Francesco from Italy

Ciao Francesco,

Thanks for your message.

Please get in touch with RME to check the possible routing options between TotalMix and Cubasis.
The assignment of outputs in Cubasis is described in the Mixer chapter of Cubasis’ in-app help.

Best,
Lars

Thank you for the quick reply! I will investigate with the RME support. As for Cubasis, while I can choose the type of input (mono/stereo/audiobus/IAA), it seems that outputs can be assigned only as stereo pair. Is it correct?
Cheers

Ciao Francesco,

Thanks for your message.

The additional available outputs are assignable stereo only, similar to the Master output.
Please keep me posted regarding the routing topic.

Have a merry christmas
& a peaceful, healthy and happy 2017,
Lars