UI for changing multiple dynamics simultaneously?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but if I have multiple dynamics selected – say, some mezzo piano markings – and I then [Ctrl]+double-click another one, is there some practical reason I shouldn’t expect all of them to change to whatever I specify in the popover?

It’s just how editing via the popover works at the moment: you will only edit a single item (and any other items linked to it). It would be nice if you could edit multiple selected items via the popover, but we have to think carefully about that.

OK, so what I should be doing is linking those dynamics. Gotcha.

Alternatively you can assign keyboard shortcuts to Note Editing > Increase Dynamic Intensity and Note Editing > Decrease Dynamic Intensity. These will work with multiple selections like the ones you have.

You can’t link those dynamics, because they’re at different rhythmic positions; linking is only for dynamics at the same rhythmic position on different instruments.

Thanks, that would work fine. :slight_smile:

If Dorico provides “Find and Repace”, we might select some items, then execute “Find and replace”.

Sometimes, I think "Find and replace would be very useful in Dorico.
Is this feature intended to implement in a future version?

I am attaching a screenshot of a possible interface:

The interface above might let us change musical figures (such as motive, theme, melodies etc) easily!

pianoleo wrote: ↑Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:50 am
Alternatively you can assign keyboard shortcuts to Note Editing > Increase Dynamic Intensity and Note Editing > Decrease Dynamic Intensity. These will work with multiple selections like the ones you have.

Yes! Been missing that one, didn’t think it existed.