Unable to do a clean install of 10.5 Pro's included VSTs

Hi!

I’ve recently made a little change to my setup, and as my main drive is getting a bit too full, I’ve been looking to move every VST I had to an external HDD.
Unfortunately, when it comes to Groove Agent SE & HALion Sonic SE, I’ve been unable to uninstall them correctly.

I’ve used the installer to go through a complete clean install, but no matter how many times I uninstall these VSTs, they do not allow me to reinstall them anywhere else than where they were previously installed, and instead are forcing for an update on them.

I’ve tried anything I could find on forums, deleting Steinberg Appdata folders, deleting through the Library Manager, etc…
If anyone has an idea on how to fix this, please let me know! :smiley:

No can do… they are installed in a predetermined location.

Regards. :sunglasses:

Aw, that’s a shame, guess I’ll do an exception and will have to sacrifice these 10Gb on the main drive if there is no other choice to :confused:

Thanks for the information!

Sounds like you are confusing the plugins with the sound libraries. The VST plugins themselves are only a couple hundred MB between them which live on your system drive; the libraries are the space-chewers, but they can be moved. Have you checked out the Steinberg Library Manager? Might already be in your Start menu.