Unable to find crash logs

Hi,

I’ve been having crashes frequently when in print mode. It will usually crash when I select a different option, such as a different layout or change from print to graphic etc. I haven’t yet identified an exact reproducible sequence. I read the sticky on crash logs but my folder tree isn’t exactly as Daniel describes for a mac.

I did find a “Dorico Crash Logs” folder but it is empty. AND it is curiously on my icloud. No idea how it got there and if that is a problem. I’m attaching a couple of screen shots.

Are you on the latest version of Dorico (1.2.10.139)?

Robby

You can go to the appropriate folder by switching to the Finder, choosing Go > Go To Folder from the menu bar at the top of the screen, and then paste the line below into the Go To Folder dialog: be sure to include the tilde (~) at the start.

~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/

You will find any crash logs that have been produced in that folder.

Robby~
Dorico v 1.2.10.139 (Feb 22 2018)
VSTAudioEngine 1.2.10.313
Mac OS 10.13.3
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)

Daniel, there are no Dorico crash logs in this folder. There are, however, several VSTAudioEngine related files.

I have had similar issues with Dorico crashing and it only happened in Print Mode. Since the 1.2.10.139 update, mine has stopped crashing. I noticed it mostly when I would change page ranges is where mine would crash.

And like you, I had no crash logs generated when crashing in Print Mode.

Robby

Glad to hear your problem went away. The typical scenario for me is when I’m furiously revising a bunch of parts and need to print them in a hurry, then it starts crashing while trying to print. Hmmm. I think there’s a lesson in here someplace.