Unable to import a specific .mov clip in Nuendo 11

Hi all,

for my game sound design I record video (with Quick Time) of animations and import them in my Nuendo project.

The issue is, that some clips can’t be imported. I successfully imported clips that have larger and smaller file sizes and most have different frame dimensions (because I always record just a selected portion of the screen). It seems totally random, which clips work and which don’t.

Hope someone can help me :slight_smile:

Greetings,

lukeaud

Without your system info it’s pretty difficult to give some kind of direct answer.

Hi.

Some files probably do not conform to the specs the video engine supports. Please see this article for details about that: Video support in Nuendo, Cubase, WaveLab and Dorico. It shows the supported containers, codecs, resolutions and framerates.

The details of video files which cannot be imported can be viewed with various tools (e.g. MediaInfo). First try to take a clip that works and one that doesn’t, which otherwise should be similar regarding the format and lookup those file details. That can be checked with the supported specs layed out in the article.

Those details are needed to help any further. But first you should check whether the files match the mentioned specs.

Cheers.

Thanks!
It was really the frame rate as I found out in this article. Weird fact: Quick Time doesn’t allow you to choose the frame rate for screen recording. I now use Screenflick to record and I can choose my frame rate (btw I use Mac). Everything works fine now :slight_smile:

Thanks again for the help!

1 Like

Sorry! It is Mac.
The answer is to use a supported frame rate. Quick Time just does not let one choose it so it switched to Screenflick.

Great you got it solved. Yeah, judging from the posts here and in the FB groups the framerate is more often than not the issue. Irregular framerates are a general problem in post, picture systems are sometimes more “forgiving” - as they have feature to convert framerates anyway.

1 Like

Yes indeed! This is frequently the “solution” when a file can’t be imported.

1 Like