Unable to install Absolute VSTi Collection on Mac Yosemite

I just bought the Cubase upgrade for the Absolute VSTi Collection. I received a download link for “Absolute_VSTi_Collection_Installer_mac.dmg” (1.89 GB). This can’t be installed. I just get an error: “Wrong Mac OS X Version. You need at least Mac OS X 10.6.0 to install this software.” I run OSX 10.10.5.

I also received a download link for “HALionSonic_2_Update_Installer_mac.dmg”(695.3 MB) which I, obviously, haven’t bothered with.

Fortunately I found an installer for HALion Sonic 2, “HalionSonic_2_Installer_mac.dmg” (9.65 GB), which appear to work. It installs version 2.2.5 Build 18. Is this the most recent?

I can’t find any non-trial installers for Padshop Pro, Dark Planet, Triebwerk & Hypnotic Dance. How do I install and use the software I’ve bought and paid for?

[mod edit: Your original thread title, “Steinberg are selling software that can’t be installed!!!”, has been edited.
From the Forum terms:
11. You may post grievances you are having with our software, dealers, etc., but you may not “call out” companies or people by name. Also please note that the statement was factually incorrect.]

I do not have a mac, but was looking for this at the steinberg site and i see this message: On Mac OS X 10.10, the Steinberg Installation Helper Tool for Yosemite is required!

go here: Downloads | Steinberg
and choose the different downloads. You need them to get licensed too.

F.e. for halion sonic this is: HALion Sonic 2 Updates and Downloads | Steinberg
You’ll need the big files because you need the vstsounds. A file of 10mb looks like an update too me.

If you bought it, you can also always ask support for help. An installation issue is typically something that gets adressed very quickly.
And btw: SB really does not sell software that can’t be installed. :laughing:
You just have to figure out how to install it.

kind regards,
R.

Thanks roel. I have downloaded those installers and will try them tomorrow. Let’s hope they work correctly.

Well, they do give their customers download links to installers that don’t work, which is the same thing in my book. The customer shouldn’t be forced to play detective, in order to make the software he/she bought and paid for to work. It is Steinbergs responsibility to give their customers download links to working installers!

You are 100% correct with that statement, and if so, they will be very quick to correct this.
Thanks for posting it btw.

kind regards,
R.

I have just upgraded to Elements 8 on my Macbook Pro running Yosemite and can’t install the software. I have downloaded the “Steinberg Application Installer Tool” and it didn’t work either, so after downloading and re downloading and many attempted and failed installs I find after searching the site that the “Steinberg Application Installer Tool” only works up to version 7.0.80 and so I have just purchased software from Steinberg that can’t be installed on the latest Mac running the latest OS… :imp:

Just make a support request to steinberg.
They will help you fix this.

• Go to MySteinberg (https://www.steinberg.net/en/mysteinberg/my_products.html)
  • Please log in to your account or create a new account if you have not created one before
  • Select “My Support” on the top
  • Select “Create support request” and fill out the form with as much information as possible

kind regards,
R.