Unable to perform sequential functions in the "direct offline processing"

Don’t know if there’s a workaround.

Let’s say I apply gain +2dB. Then I want to add 2dB more. I can’t do it in this window anymore. Just clicking “apply” again is ignored. I have to close the whole window and reopen it.

Is it supposed to be that way?

Which Cubase? Ha?

Tag your posts please…

v. 10.0.6

(___)

Tagging?

No. Apply the amount you need.

I try. Cubase simply does nothing if I click it again…

instead of having -2.00 dB and pressing apply twice, put -4.00 dB into the Gain field.

Yes. But I don’t know if I need 4. I try 2 and if it doesn’t work I’d like to add 2 more.

Really obvious.

it still stands
apply 4dB since 2+2 are close to 4

But I already applied 2. I need to undo 2 then reopen the window (because it won’t let me do sequential gains) and reapply 4. I don’t know I need 2 until I apply it twice. Instead of easy double gain I have to close window/reopen it (dig through menu tree) and reapply it.

It’s a really really dumb solution (not your fault, just the way this function implemented).

I lke to fintune my edits and do incremental steps. It takes a lot of clicking and window opening.

then do a preset, you can easily apply presets twice
there is no need to close the window
and btw F7 closes and opens the window

Yes, but why not allow to perform a function twice? Is a kitten somewhere going to die if I click it twice in a row?

This is just so dumb.

There is an option “auto apply” in that dialogue. Activate it and do your step by step adjustment while keeping the dialog open.
Also: Any offline process does not really change the original audio file. If you change the gain from 2dB to 4dB it will not be a gain of 6dB. It first undoes your 2dB gain and then applies the 4dB gain.