Unable to record Audio on Cubasis 3 vis a Focusrite Scarlett interface

Dear all,
just purchased and setting up Cubasis 3 and I am unable to record Audio. I have a Focusrite Scarlett solo and it is showing as connected to Cubasis. Playback via the interface is also working. The only set up options I can see relate to access to the microphone. Setting this to on or off makes no difference.
Can anyone help please

Hi There

I have a similar issue with using any audio interface with Cubasis 3. They all work fine with Cubasis 2 but i cannot seem to record audio using a usb interface or the iPad microphone. I have searched for a solution for over 2 months now but cant seem to find the reason this happens. I have just joined this group to see if there is a solution. So i mirror your appeal for someone to help?

Hi all, and thanks to Gordon for his comment.

My Cubasis 3 issue is solved . . . . . . I checked the app on my phone and it worked perfectly. I therefore concluded that the problem was with my iPad. I therefore, deleted the Cubasis 3 app ad made sure that the iPad software was up to date. Then reinstalled Cubasis 3 from the App Store and it is now working properly. So I still don’t know the real cause, but this fix worked for me

Hi Graham_Stevens,

My Cubasis 3 issue is solved . . . . . . I checked the app on my phone and it worked perfectly. I therefore concluded that the problem was with my iPad. I therefore, deleted the Cubasis 3 app ad made sure that the iPad software was up to date. Then reinstalled Cubasis 3 from the App Store and it is now working properly. So I still don’t know the real cause, but this fix worked for me

Thanks for the update!

We’re glad to read that you’ve been able to sort out the problems yourself, and that your audio device now works properly with the iPad and Cubasis!

Thanks again
& stay well,
Lars

Hi gordonstowell221,

Welcome to the forum & thanks for your report.

I have a similar issue with using any audio interface with Cubasis 3. They all work fine with Cubasis 2 but i cannot seem to record audio using a usb interface or the iPad microphone.

We are sorry to read that you have issues, to sue your audio device with the iPad/Cubasis.

First of all, please make sure Cubasis has the permission to use the microphone, via following these steps:

• Please go to the iPad settings
  • There please go to Privacy / Microphone
  • Please make sure to enable Microphone use with Cubasis.

In addition, please have a look at our available tutorial, to quickly learn how to properly route an audio track.

Does this help to solve your current issues?

Best,
Lars

Had the same problem here as well with the Scarlett Solo (gen 3) and Cubasis v3 on an M1 12.9 iPad. Had to delete the app and reinstall for it to work. Would work fine, monitoring wise, just no input audio, till after deleting and downloading again.

For whatever reason though, it records crackling, even though the buffers are set around 5ms and no yellow flag indicators. I had to keep toggling the Studio Quality setting and I would get clean tracks and then it would crackle again after not changing anything, but then toggle the Studio Quality again (on or off) and would be fine again. Intermittent issue. The interface on GarageBand doesn’t exhibit that issue.

Anyone else experience this?

Hi @bobstrenger,

Does the interface now works as expected lastly?

Thanks
Lars

Hi Lars,

No. I still have to finagle with that setting. It intermittently happens and not infrequently. If it’s working without crackling (probably due to clocking issues I’d imagine) , I can keep laying tracks down fine, but do something else in the app or close the app and come back etc and it can easily happen again. The interface itself works solidly in GarageBand and on my MacBook Pro, just to put the interface out of the picture. I’ll even connect it to a hub so that I can have power connected. That doesn’t seem to have any effect on the issue. I’ve also plugged it in without a hub. No change.

-Bob

Hi @bobstrenger,

Please give it a try, if setting “Audio Engine Latency” to “OFF” resolves the problem.

Thanks,
Lars

Hey Lars,

Thanks for the tip. Disabling appears to avoid the crackling. What’s going on with that? Is this a known bug?

Thanks much!

Bob

Hi @bobstrenger,

Thank you for your message.

Thanks for the tip. Disabling appears to avoid the crackling. What’s going on with that? Is this a known bug?

Glad to read that disabling the “Audio Engine Latency” setting solved the problem.
Indeed, the setting can be confusing in some situations. We might improve this for easier operation in a future update.

Thanks again
& stay well,
Lars