I am new to music production but a piano hobbyist. I purchased Yamaha MX49 which comes with licensed copy of Cubase LE AI 6 and struggling to get it to integrate with Cubase I have spent nights trying to figure it out and looking for some help.
I have followed the steps as per the forums and Yamaha/ Steinberg websites, and below are details:
a) My system details: Windows 10 (64-bit), Inter i-3, 2 GhZ, 8GB RAM, with NVIDIA GE force 930M graphics card
b) Cubase with licensed elicenser -> version 6.0.5 Build 357 (64 bit) - build on Oct 2011 is working well!
c) Installed latest Yamaha Steinberg driver V 1.9.9 (http://download.yamaha.com/search/detail/?site=usa.yamaha.com&language=en&category_id1=16244&category_id2=16381&product_id=1716498&asset_file_language=JA&asset_id=60554)
d) Yamaha driver is installed successfully, and appears in programs as ‘Yamaha Steinberg USB driver’ but doesn’t show any driver except for ASIO with no device (see screenshot)
e) Steps i follow are:
– Cubase was closed and Yamaha connected via MIDI to USB cable (See image 1), during installation of USB driver
– Changed Yamaha MX49 keyboard setting as described in the MX49 video (MIDI - ‘USB’ not 'MIDI, Quick Setup Type - ‘DAW Rec’ not ‘St Alone’ not ‘Arp Rec’) - (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm3evZm3FMY&list=PLpcwENKP6bGDpky7GcShr0hBWdNZyNdYK)
– Open Cubase and go to Device Manager, however, input ports don’t show Yamaha MX49
– I followed video on youtube to try to get MIDI input but Yamaha input doesn’t show in the drop down not is the MIDI signal detected. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiIX2HaqEZ4)
– My MIDI USB cable is correctly connected with IN–>‘OUT’ and OUT–>‘IN’ . It signal from USB lits up but MIDI IN or OUT doesnt lit
I am wondering what I am doing wrong. Can someone please help? I am so eager to get started into some electronic production!!