Unable to select Groove Agent SE for drum track

Hi All,

I have Cubase 9.5 Artist on a 2012 iMac. OS High Sierra (10.13.6)
I don’t have the luxury of buying every upgrade to cubase (9.5 >> 10 >> 10.5…) so when something goes wrong its a massive deal to me.

I some time back accidentally clicked on the “Start Trial” button and immediately closed it… didn’t think anything more of it until yesterday.
This is when I got the message that my trail was about to end for Groove Agent in 5 minutes.
Again, I didn’t think much of it as I had paid for the version on 9.5 Artist right?

Wrong. After the 5 minutes were up, (and even though I can see it in the selection), I can no longer select Groove Agent.
All my drum tracks no longer work.

I have followed a number of site suggestions on this forum, (for example: Removing Cubase and re-installing it), to no avail.

I am at my wits end and do not want to have to pay out for, nor can I afford, something I have already purchased.

If anyone from the support team is reading this please get in touch with me, else, Can anyone please help me?

Alan

This has now been made worse. I followed instructions of other posts with a similar problem. I completely uninstalled Cubase and re-installed only to find Grove Agent SE and the Halion SE functions are no longer available.

I’m devastated. I don’t know what to do.

So after trawling all over for answers, it seems the simplest was the correct one.

I installed Halion Sonic SE 3 from the Download assistant.
I then downloaded the Groove Agent SE update from the downloads page in support and installed that too.
Both are now working properly.

I will add that this:
As I had upgraded from Cubase 8.5 to 9.5 (a while back) my license would only allow the upgrade versions from the full installation package.
That isn’t fair.
This didn’t run the install packages for either Halion or Groove Agent - even though they were no longer on my computer. It’s misleading to tell people to remove all trace of Cubase files if you cannot re-install them due to licensing.
People pay a lot of hard earned money to buy the product. The least you would expect is the full version to install when you run it.

Either the installer should allow a full installation or check for missing content and allow the necessary features to be installed. Even after the installation has taken place there should be a way of installing the missing content after the fact. I found none of these options available.

So for the sake of someone else’s sanity please be aware of the above.

I really enjoy using Cubase but things like this make me question its loyalty to its customers.