Unable to undo accidental automation change to a group volume

If I accidentally click/swipe and create a dot on a group channel and drag it a little, I can undo the dot but the volume remains at the newly set level.

The most logical thing would be when I undo this everything returns to where it was, but not in Cubase, only the dot is undone not the volume change.

Extremely frustrating as sometimes it take quite a bit of pain and sweat to place an element right in the mix, then one careless click and… bam… you have to start all over instead of just clicking undo.

Hi,

I would recommend to lock the automation track in case you don’t hide it.

1 Like

This is very annoying and persists into Cubase 11.

They should make undo revert to last value when its undoing the first point on an automation track.

I agree. This accidentally happens to me all the time. I wish volume automation didn’t automatically show and that undo worked for the change. If I didn’t know that the value was set at and I haven’t saved in a while it can really mess me up needlessly.

1 Like

Hi,

Is it new in Cubase 11? I don’t think so… Am I missing something?

Hi Martin!
Sorry for taking so long.

No, it isn’t new to C11, what I meant is that this very annoying and last-moment-mix-destroying bug/feature has creeped into cubase 11 from earlier versions.

Very annoying and surely undo should undo the volume Change otherwise it’s not undo…