Undesirable behaviour in Cubasis

First off I’ve always loved a Cubasis and the most recent update is laudable. Everything is getting more precise and fluid. But there are two glaring issues that constantly wreak havoc on my workflow. I’m doing my best to adapt to how Steinberg wants me to work inside the app but these two items really must be addressed.

Firstly copying parts from multiple tracks… Cubasis groups parts together unnecessarily. If I’m moving or duplicating arranged sections and the have gaps, those gaps are not maintained. Rather parts from other tracks are moved up into the track with empty space. I can’t see how that’s a benefit to anyone.

Secondly the toolbar buttons. They should TOGGLE. If I turn the selector ON I expect it to STAY ON until I turn it off. The repetitive tapping of buttons is quite senseless. It doesn’t simply the app and it doesn’t save time. It makes the work very slow and messy. Please provide us with user friendly editing controls.

I’m going to use Cubasis regardless as it’s the best DAW on the market, but grudgingly until we can get some workflow enhancements.

Thanks for your time.

Hi LucidMusicInc,

Thanks for your message.

We will check to have the current copy/paste issue solved with the next update.

In Cubasis 2.1 we gave Cubasis’ MIDI editor a huge usability update for quicker, easier and more precise operation, which also affects the select/draw button behaviour. Please have a look at our Cubasis 2.1 tutorial at about 3:50 minutes to learn more.

Hope that helps.

Best,
Lars

Hi LucidMusicInc,

Please note that the copy/paste issue has been addressed in the recent Cubasis 2.7 update:

Best,
Lars