Undo just one item well down the edit history

Is it possible to undo one particular edit without undoing all the other edits that took place after that one mistaken edit.?

No, not unless it’s audio processing. Just think, most of the time the edits build on one another, for instance when overlapping events or shaping a waveform. What is the nature of this edit?

I had a feeling that might be the case, but I wanted to know, not just for this time, but as a rule for the future anyway.
I have moved a few seconds of one track towards the right, creating a small gap in front, and an overlap at the end. Maybe there’s a simple way to re-move it back cleanly and perfectly, but I’m new to this. Only noticed the error after many other fine mixing tweaks were already written.
I’m using LE5.

Yeah, absolutely. Just activate Snap and instead of grid, set it to events. Then the ends of the other events will be magnetic as you drag it back into place.

Thanks,
I’ll give that a go next time I’m free to work on it. I just printed off the entire operation manual… What a tome! I found the “Getting Started” manual rather hard going, but I do want to learn how to use Cubase a lot better. Who knows where it will lead!

Probably a sore head :laughing:

Keep a dictionary and a Google device handy when exploring the depths of the operation manual!! :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve also been to the library and am waiting for a copy of The Complete Idiot’s Guide To Recording With Cubase… Unfortunately that’s version 4, though I imagine ther’e’s enough similarities to make that worth a read, but thanks for the Google and Dictionary tip… And it sounds like keeping the paracetamol handy is also a good idea!

I just hope I’m not too past my prime to take on learning so much from scratch.

So the upshot of all this is that after reopening cubase and the project, there was no time-shifted event.
I don’t yet have the library book.
I’ve read quite a bit of the manual now and am starting to get more of an idea.
Looking forward to further work on my recordings.