Unlink note stems from treble and bass clef

Thanks dspreadbury. I’ll check that out for the next piece that I export from Cubase.

Hey! So I split the piano part in Cubase using the polyphonic voicing and explode function. But now I need to ‘rejoin’ the treble and piano staves so it’s clear that they are the same instrument. In the image attached it’s 2 and 3. They are different ‘players’ but I need to now reunite them so it’s the same ‘player’ (using the term in Setup mode) so it appears as one instrument - as in my images in the above posts.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I’m not familiar with exactly how Cubase exports, but you should definitely create a new solo player in the left panel of Dorico, holding a piano instrument. Then select everything in the “2” stave and copy and paste to the top stave of the piano, then select everything in the “3” stave and copy and paste to the bottom stave of the piano. You will need to do these one at a time.

Then delete the “2” and “3” players from the left panel of Setup mode.

Then for the players labelled “1” and “4” it should be sufficient to click the disclosure arrows to the left of each player (still in the left panel of setup mode) to reveal the instrument, then hover over the instrument until you see a further disclosure arrow to the right, then click that and change instrument. Then search for the instrument you want.

This should fix the labelling, the barlines/bracketing and the playback all at once.

Great, thanks a lot. Problem solved.