Unnecessary error message "Wrong Template" when opening a project

Hello,
when opening projects which I just created, I keep getting an error message “This project refers to a template XXX that is not installed on this machine”.
I would assume that a newly created project can only use a template which is installed on my computer?

For reference I attach a Windows reproduction recording and the sample project.
Sample_Project.zip (315 KB)
Repro_Erroneous_Message_Wrong_Template.zip (1.4 MB)

We have seen some reports of this from users running non-English versions of Dorico, but we’re not sure under what circumstances it occurs. Try going to Play > Playback Devices and reapplying the default ‘HSSE+HSO (Pro)’ playback template, then try saving and reopening the project. Does this correctly remove the warning?

Yes that removes the warning.

However new projects keep being created with the wrong template reference, and I have to reapply the ‘HSSE+HSO (Pro)’ playback template by hand for each new project.

Try going to the Play page of Preferences and explicitly re-choosing the ‘HSSE+HSO (Pro)’ template from the ‘Default playback template’ drop-down (i.e. choose something else, click Apply, choose ‘HSSE+HSO (Pro)’, click Apply).

Yes, selecting it in the preferences also applies it to any new project. Thanks for the hint.