Unwanted rests in percussion staff

In my drum set part, I created slash notation by using a percussion instrument (cabasa) and getting rid of the stems. However, when I put a snare drum part in at rehearsal mark 25 to show kicks, etc., rests appeared in all the bars previously (because the cabasa/slash notes) were in a different voice. (See attached)

None of the standard tricks (make voice start here, delete rests, etc.) worked. Any ideas?

Thanks, as always.

Remove Rests does not work in percussion kits–yet.

Ok, thanks. I’ll be patient. :slight_smile:

Is there any update on how to remove rests in percussion parts? I can’t even change its colour to white.

Unfortunately there’s nothing to be done at present.

OK, an opaque white square will do the job.

I’m having a similar problem to the above with a simple drum part. I performed my notes on the snare line using a slash with stem I created by editing the 5 staff line percussion kit. Afterwards it defaulted to displaying unwanted rests above the notes and I can’t for the life of me figure out (or remember) how to get rid of them:

I’m sure this is 101 stuff but can somehow please point me in the right direction?

• D.D.

How did you create this? I tried using a text frame in Engrave Mode, coloring it white and setting opacity to 100%, but no dice…(?)

• D.D.

I think I once had the same problem and the trick is to set it to BLACK and put the opacity to 100%…but maybe that’s a real stupid answer…I can’t remember exactly anymore and don’t have the time at the moment to reproduce it.

I used the black squares in one of the fonts. I’ll find it.

:black_large_square: