unwanted rhythmic transformation to triplet

I have been finding unwanted transformations of my duple rhythms into the same rhythms spelled as triplets. For instance, four sixteenths transformed to four dotted sixteens under a triplet bracket. They seem to randomly appear and are hard to see as my music has a lot of tuplets anyway. Am I accidentally triggering an unknown keyboard command? I can’t find instructions for doing this, and it would be an odd command. They don’t always start on a beat so they can be annoying to fix. What worries me is that I seem to keep finding new ones. Does anybody have any ideas?

I haven’t noticed this happening, or seen mention of it on the forum - can you please make a very short score that illustrates your problem, and post it here? You’ll have to put .zip on the end of your file so the Steinberg forum will accept it.

I’ve attached two examples. In the first bar, in the triplet in the middle of the bar, I input two eighths and four sixteenths. In the second bar, in the bass clef, the triplet is actually a sixteenth and a quarter, the triplet starts on the last sixteenth of the first beat. I’ve attached a dorico file and a pdf file. I wasn’t sure if you wanted me to zip the files or just put zip at the end.
Transform to tuplet. example.pdf.zip (101 KB)
Transform to tuplet example.dorico.zip (355 KB)

When I make insertions or edits to the score, I end up moving and realigning voices. Maybe the voices go through some sort of transformation that way. I have Dorico 2, and maybe I somehow triggered Make Into A Tuplet. But that would not change the material in that way. Brainstorming. The good news is that I’ve only encountered it in one file so far.

The obvious explanation is that somehow, with the right notes selected, you’ve hit ; and then Enter. Is that a possibility?

These are the only two remaining examples I have, but I encountered it several times. If I enter a tuplet, I enter it. But I, for instance, entered four sixteens below two eighths above. Making a 3:2 tuplet with two eighths gives you two eighths and an eighth rest in a triplet, with four sixteenths you get a sixteenth note triplet and an extra sixteenth. I can’t make four dotted sixteenths in a triplet without entering them directly, but Dorico made them out of four sixteenths on its own. The second example is actually three accented quarter notes and is so convoluted I didn’t see that at first. I could have had something selected and hit a key for something else, but this specific problem happened ten or twelve times in six pages, and never while I was looking at it.

Maybe one possibility is that Dorico’s default behavior is keep triplet input switched on, until you disable it by typing a colon. Maybe you left triplets switched on? I’ve had some weird things happen that way.