update issues

Just purchased an update from Cubase 7 to Cubase 8.5, however I had not updated from Cubase 6, but I had a boxed update that I bought from a dealer here in Canada in 2013 and never installed. I installed it only to find out it’s an update from Cubase 6.5 to 7 and I only have a licence for 6 on my elicencer. Been trying to find out where to purchase an update from 6 to 6.5 however I remain unsuccessful, can anybody throw me a bone or suggest how to sort this. At present I have an un-activated ver of Cubase 7 so I can’t download and install the update from 7 to 8.5. Thanks Logan

Hi,

You don’t need to install every single version. Install just Cubase 8.5 from the full installer (ISO). You can find this installer in your MySteinberg account.

My problem is that the installation of the 6.5 -ver7 does not activate because I don’t have a 6.5 license. so I assume the 7- ver 8.5 installation will be the same it will not activate because there will be no cubase 7 license on my elicenser. I realise I don’t need to install 6.5 but I need to buy the license and I can’t find anywhere to do that. thanks for the info though, take care, Logan

Hi,

If I understand it correct, you already have:

• Cubase 6
  • Cubase 6.5 > Cubase 8.5 UG

So you need the upgrade from Cubase 6 to Cubase 6.5, right?

The only one way would be, some shop has it on stock. But I really wouldn’t expect so. And in fact, if you find it and activate it, you would get upgrade to Cubase 8.5 for free then.

If you purchased the Cubase 7 > 8.5UG few days ago, I would recommend you to contact official Steinberg Technical Support, and try to revert this UG and buy the correct one; i.e. 6 > 8.5.

So you have a license gap between CB6 and 6.5…

Maybe you can sell your CB6.5 to 7 on Ebay? I see this upgrade going for $179.99 on there from real merchants. So maybe you could get $125 to $150 for a new unopened box.

Then you will have to cough up the $249.99 to get the CB6 to 8.5 upgrade.

Edit… Martin does have a good idea to contact Steinberg (Asknet) support. Maybe they would take it back if you were purchasing the correct upgrade for $50 more or the same (dependent on the version).

Good luck :wink:

Regards :sunglasses:

Well thanks to the stellar support here in Canada ( thanks Lindsay) and the lads in Germany, i have received a code to solve my problem, it’s much appreciated and thanks also to everyone who pitched in with a potential solution. Take care, Logan