Updated Musio and now Cubase Keeps Freezing

I have Musio’s support involved as well, but was advised I should also post this here, because it’s really a mystery where the “fault” lies, so therefore it’s difficult to know who’s Tech Support should be involved.

I’m running Cubase 11 Pro on Windows 11, and a couple months ago I subscribed to Musio. I installed the plugin, downloaded the instruments, and everything worked perfectly for several weeks. I updated Musio at one point without any issues. But then suddenly when I later updated it again (from Version 1.0.6 to 1.0.9) it caused all kinds of issues that I have not been able to resolve in almost four weeks. Musio’s support has been trying to help me for three weeks now, but haven’t had much luck figuring out what’s going on.

Basically I keep running into two main issues: 1.) Sometimes when I open a project/template that includes Musio instruments, it will load up and then the Cubase project window will completely freeze. I can usually just close the project window without any issues without having to close Cubase down entirely, but sometimes when I do this Cubase will completely crash (I included a crash report from one such instance). And 2.) Other times it will get a little further and open the project/template without any problems… except that all the instances of the Musio plugin are completely blank when I open the plugin window via “edit instrument.” Even if I try to add a new instance of Musio it still opens up blank like the others.

I have already uninstalled/reinstalled Musio, and I have also tried rolling it back to an older version that worked. No luck.

So I’m basically at my wit’s end with this and don’t know what else to do. So I was hoping someone here may have some suggestions OR maybe there is something in the crash report that might give some indication of what the hell is happening?

Let me know what other information/specs y’all need.

Cubase 11.0.20.371 64bit 2022.8.27 21.39.11.594.dmp (633.4 KB)

Hi,

Update to the latest Cubase 11.0.41, please.

1 Like

Oh my god, Martin. I am such an idiot, and you are a life-saver. For some reason I always completely forget to check Cubase for updates.

That seems to have cleared up the issue. Thank you very much.

1 Like