Updating with EDU license?

Hi!

I have a Cubase pro 8.5 educational license and I’d like to update to pro 11. Do educational licenses count as regural full version licenses upgrade-wise? Haven’t found a mention of that.

Cheers!

look closer https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=307&t=203187

Yes they do and once you have updated it will be seen as a full regular license.

Hi, folks. If I had Cubase 10 and updated to Cubase 10.5 via a download update, do I have a license for 10.5 now. I did that(don’t know if there is a charge to update) and I now have both 10 and 10.5 on my computer, but a popup says I’m not licensed for the 10.5. I downloaded it thru the download asst. I haven’t touch my machine in a while so I updated everything I could find. Just curious if I now own 10.5 or not. Thanks in advance!

If you didn’t buy the update then you don’t have a license for 10.5.

Ohh, didn’t see that, thanks!

That’s great, thanks!

Thanks so much. I hadn’t used Cubase for some time and was questioning the difference between updates and upgrades. Perhaps my understanding is wrong. I believed updates were free…upgrades…charged. Whatever, thank you again for the clarification. I’ll remove the 10.5.

Thanks so much. I hadn’t used Cubase for some time and was questioning the difference between updates and upgrades. Perhaps my understanding is wrong. I believed updates were free…upgrades…charged. Whatever, thank you again for the clarification. I’ll remove the 10.5.

Maintenance updates=free
Updates to a new version=paid
Upgrades=paid

Thanks again. New learner. lol :smiley:

Cubase version x.y.z, where ‘z’ is the maintenance updates. For example Cubase 10.5.0, 10.5.10, 10.5.15, 10.5.20 are for free for all Cubase 10.5 license owners.

Update is when you get the higher Cubase version and you stay at the same edition.

• Cubase Pro 10.5 > Cubase Pro 11
  • Cubase Artist 10 > Cubase Artist 11
  • Cubase Elements 7 > Cubase Elements 11

Upgrade is when you go to the higher edition.

• Cubase Artist 11 > Cubase Pro 11
  • Cubase Elements 10 > Cubase Artist 11
  • Cubase AI > Cubase Pro 11